The tradition of open houses has long been around and for good reason.
For buyers completing the open house circuit, it can be a great way to shop around and get a good feel for the real estate market. For those planning to build their own custom new infill, it can provide the needed inspiration that goes into choosing design features and finishings. Lastly, for those looking to sell their home, it can be a great way to give your property exposure to both potential homebuyers and the real estate market as a whole.
At NewInfills, we truly believe that if you’re selling, your home should be open to the market at least once every weekend until it sells. Since we enjoy hosting open houses so much, we feel it’s only fitting to share some of the aspects we pay extra special attention to in order to ensure every guest of ours has a comfortable experience.
Here are the top 5 factors that contribute to a successful open house:
- Advertising The Open House – Nothing can be more frustrating than not being able to find what you’re looking for. Always ensuring that signs are placed at high-traffic corners and clearly visible helps direct passers-by to the correct home. It is also crucial to advertise your open house on the MLS® and other real estate related websites. This will catch the attention of potential buyers surfing the web. At NewInfills we make sure our open houses are advertised on our website and on all of our social media platforms. The more exposure your open house receives the higher the chance people will walk through it and that’s the goal! For a list of homes that we have open this weekend, please click here.
- Creating A Comfortable Environment – Once your guests have entered the home, it’s important that they feel welcome otherwise they will want to leave. To provide an enjoyable experience, keep the temperature set to a comfortable level, ensure the home is clean and free of odours, turn on all the lights, and don’t follow your guests around! Additionally, soft music can serve as a gentle buffer between awkward silences as long as it’s not too loud and is considered appropriate by your viewing demographic.
- Knowing The Home – Your guests will undoubtedly have questions for you and expect you to know what you’re selling. Make sure to study up on the home’s main features and specifications, the surrounding neighbourhood and any desirable nearby amenities. Crafting this into a carefully designed opening dialogue will help create a positive first impression for your guests that will carry on throughout the showing.
- Knowing The Market – Aside from knowing the home inside and out, it’s important to know what’s going on in the market as a whole. Keeping up with the most recently released CREB® statistics and other resources such as the NewInfills Developer’s Report (Click Here to Read) will show your guests and clients that you are knowledgeable and instil confidence in their decision to work with you. It’s important to remember that information becomes old quickly so always keep learning!
- Properly Displaying Marketing Materials – Beautiful marketing materials are a must at any open house. They provide important information for interested buyers and serve as a quick reference long after they’ve left the home. At NewInfills we ensure all of our homes have a variety of marketing materials that potential buyers would find useful in their search including feature sheets and brochures with professional photography.
There you have it! This is our guide to hosting the perfect open house. At NewInfills we follow this guideline very closely to ensure our guests have nothing short of an amazing experience. If you have any questions about open houses or would like more information about any of our services, please click here and we would be happy assist you.